Aboriginal Researcher Internships
ARTD Consultants works at the forefront of public and social policy advising governments and not for profit organisations on some of the most challenging areas where policy and programs can make a difference. A substantial amount of our work is focussed on service design and implementation of programs and services targeting Aboriginal people and communities.
We are looking for Aboriginal researcher interns to provide Aboriginal people with pathways into program review, evaluation and social policy research. Internships are for 12 weeks on either a part-time or full-time basis. Internships can be completed either alongside tertiary study or after completing study. You will work alongside a dynamic team on real world projects with the support of an Aboriginal mentor and access to other forms of support such as professional development or study support.
During the internship you will learn about public policy research through a range of administration and research tasks, based on your strengths and interests. As part of your internship you will get support from ARTD team members as well as an Aboriginal mentor.
We are interested in candidates who meet some or all of the following criteria:
- Interest and/or experience working in public policy
- Able to respond to people in a friendly and professional way
- Able to effectively listen and communicate with others and to write clearly
- Flexible, organised and able to balance multiple tasks
- Knowledge of and/ or experience with qualitative or quantitative research methods
- Skills in any of the following software: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, SPSS, R, NVivo, and
- Commitment to learning
For more information please call Sue Leahy on (02) 9373 9906.
To apply please send a letter outlining your interests and addressing the criteria above to email@example.com.